Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Open Letter to S (Post Caro Game)

S was kind enough to drop a line in response to my blog, and this is my response:

S,

I hope I didn't come off too down on my blog. I'm sure you've come away from a burn and thought a few unprintable thoughts in your time? I first want to make clear that any resentment I feel at this time is self-directed, because I should know better.

And yes, it was a friendly game with a great bunch of guys, and I look forward to seeing you all in person again. K especially kept the party lively, and it was great to see what a really well run game looks like!*

I'm simply a cheapskate, and I'll make it a point to pick my games accordingly. If I start winning the cheapskate games, I may use those funds as stakes to play with the big kids, but I won't join the big kids until that time. As I hinted in the blog, if I sat down in a game like that for a longer duration and went on tilt, I have a feeling I could have blown a lot more money, so I got off lucky. I have a feeling I'll play Big Slick a lot better the next time I see him :-)

Frank

*DR. - Your game is well run too and heartily endorsed!