Thursday, October 12, 2006

Horseshoe Tunica - Swelled Head Syndrome

So I've had a decent run of 1/2 NLHE sessions recently, and I thought I'd dip my toe in the deeper waters. I'm embarrassed as hell to blog this, but maybe it'll stop me from doing something stupid in the future.

I sat down with the min buy-in and I'm nervous, and in the BB. I toss my 'free' cards multi-way with nothing, and have decent limpers in the SB and call, miss and go away. I muck three trash hands, and then raise 3bb in mid-late position w/J9o. The cutoff raises all-in, and I ask for a count, and I'm getting 2 to 1 odds to call since he was down to a small stack. I figure there's a reasonable chance I'm facing big slick, and I call. I'm facing AJo, dominated, and I fail to suck out. I'm at 60% of my original stack.

Three hands later I'm UTG and there's a button straddle. I see KQo and consider raising, but instead call, and everybody folds up to the straddle, who raises to 7BB (or 3.5 straddle) which is 1/3 of my existing stack. I push, and he insta-calls with Aces. I fail to suck out, and get stacked before the button makes a single trip around the table.

There's some lessons to be learned here by me, but I don't feel like elaborating on them right now.