Monday, November 13, 2006

My Best 180 player on-line yet - Part 1 - in Deviative's Shadow

Hand 2 - I watch player 'deviative' at my table call the flop with an inside draw on Q9o , and call a push when he hits third pair. He wins.

Hand 3 - I make a meaningless late position steal and continuation bet successfully.

Hand 4 - 'deviative' raise 3bb and gets no callers.

Hand 5 - 'deviative' calls 3bb w/Q9o. He calls the flop bet with no draw, hits a queen on the turn to win.

Hand 6 'deviative' calls 3BB with A9s, misses the flop and turn and calls gradually increasing bets on flop and turn to hit his 9 on the river and take down yet another pot.

Hand 7 - I limp JJ EP and four of us see the flop cheaply, and I flop the straight draw (89T) and my pot sized bet gets no callers.

Hand 8 'deviative' gets into another raised pot with god-knows what, and he actually gives up to a river bet after all 3 check the turn.

Hand 9 - I don't have to wait long to begin taxing the luckbox. Note that I chose not to bet the river since I felt that he could have been on two pair. I only discovered later that he bets when he's got two pair or better.

Dealt to FrankNagaiJr [Ad Ah]
deviative: calls 20
LionHeart46: calls 20
majboy: folds
MarineBlair: calls 10
FrankNagaiJr: raises 80 to 100
deviative: calls 80
LionHeart46: calls 80
MarineBlair: folds
*** FLOP *** [9h Qd 7s]
FrankNagaiJr: bets 220
deviative: calls 220
LionHeart46: folds
*** TURN *** [9h Qd 7s] [7h]
FrankNagaiJr: bets 400
deviative: calls 400
*** RIVER *** [9h Qd 7s 7h] [2d]
FrankNagaiJr: checks
deviative: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
FrankNagaiJr: shows [Ad Ah] (two pair, Aces and Sevens)
deviative: mucks hand
FrankNagaiJr collected 1560 from pot


My Chip count before and after this hand:

Seat 3: FrankNagaiJr (1600 in chips)
Seat 3: FrankNagaiJr (2440 in chips)

Hand 10 - I perform an isolation raise w/KJo to isolate deviative, and I make a strong bet into an A99 flop. If he called, I was gone in a shot of course.

Hand 16 - Deviative calls 4bb @30 w/89o and pays off flop and turn bets to hit the inside straight. When he hits it, he makes a huge raise and collects. Bless his heart.

Hand 19 - Deviative reraises w/QQ and doubles up. Check out our table chip leader:
Seat 8: deviative (5685 in chips)

Hand 21 - I am dealt AKo and fold to a raise and a reraise by deviative. I feel that my other option, push-reraising is more volatility than I want with a player who will eventually give away his chips on second pair. Sure enough, he's got QQ again, and knocks out another player. He's pretty much the chip leader for the whole tournament right now, by virtual of some really bad calls, and a couple of big pocket pairs that have held up. (My AK would have lost, btw.)

Seat 8: deviative (9040 in chips)

Hand 23 - I call a bump in the BB w/T9o and flop top pair as one of four players (T24 rainbow). We all check, and then I make a big reraise on the turn to take it down without any resistance.

Hand 24 - Deviative knocks out a small stack w/A3o

Hand 26 - Deviative EP limps 45o and flops the nut straight, and actually performs a check raise to knock out yet another player. The check-raise surprised me, but maybe he had seen it on TV?

I am the second biggest stack at our table. Deviative is still a tourney chip leader.

Seat 8: deviative (11005 in chips)
Seat 3: FrankNagaiJr (2575 in chips)

Hand 30 - I toss KJo to an early bump and miss out on a KK5 flop that nobody connected with. Oh well.

Hand 33 - My first double up. I had seen LionHeart in enough hands such that I knew that I was ahead when he only called my reraise. Set over set and I double up.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FrankNagaiJr [Jd Jh]
FrankNagaiJr: calls 50
StrawDog81: folds
TruRounder34: folds
dstemarie: folds
powmoe: folds
deviative: calls 50
LionHeart46: raises 150 to 200
JohhnyAce: folds
TC 270: folds
FrankNagaiJr: raises 400 to 600
deviative: folds
LionHeart46: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Jc Tc Kd]
FrankNagaiJr: bets 300
LionHeart46: raises 750 to 1050
FrankNagaiJr: raises 750 to 1800
LionHeart46: raises 735 to 2535 and is all-in
FrankNagaiJr: calls 175 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [Jc Tc Kd] [Qd]
*** RIVER *** [Jc Tc Kd Qd] [Kc]
FrankNagaiJr said, "wow"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
FrankNagaiJr: shows [Jd Jh] (a full house, Jacks full of Kings)
LionHeart46: shows [Th Ts] (a full house, Tens full of Kings)
FrankNagaiJr collected 5275 from pot

New chip count
Seat 3: FrankNagaiJr (5275 in chips)
Seat 8: deviative (9705 in chips)

Nobody else at our table is above 1600 in chips.

Hand 35 - I finish off lionheart46 with a pair of pocket 8s when he pushes with A7s and fails to hit his ace.

Hand 36 - I make a meaningless late position steal w/K4s and get no resistance.

Hand 44 - I make a late steal w/87s and a small stack pushes JTs, I hit two pair on the river to knock him out.

Here is as high as deviative gets before his inevitable downward spiral:
Seat 8: deviative (11330 in chips)
Seat 3: FrankNagaiJr (6470 in chips)

He will continue to make atrocious calls and his luck will run out. If this were a more of a crap shoot tourney, deviative would already be in the money, but this tourney structure actually does eventually punish players who habitually defy common sense and probability.