Monday, May 08, 2006

Greektown whining

1) It was smokey. Technically there was no smoking at the table, but since people could smoke two feet away. Wah Wah Wah.

2) I limp 68s and call a raise in 3/6 limit and flop the perfect 579 rainbow. I raise on the flop and it's down to two handed. Turn 8 and I raise and get reraised, and I call. River T, and I call the bet, he turns over JJ to river the higher straight. Wah Wah Wah.

3) I raise w/QQ and push nobody out, at least 5 others in the pot. Innocuous flop below Q, I bet and get a bunch of callers. Turn comes A, and we all check it round (I assume somebody's got an ace, so I don't bet it.) Flop is innocuous 7, and the guy to my right bets, I make the crying call, expecting a weak aced. Worse still, he flips over 57o for two pair, which says to me that I could have bet the turn and possibly pushed him out to win. Wah Wah Wah.

Other than those two bad beats, I played pretty well. As with all low-stakes limit, you mostly need cards to win big pots, and I wasn't hitting many flops. I walked away with 8BB in four hours.