Sunday, July 31, 2005

B & Q's Tourney July 30, 2005

24 players over 4 tables. Having 6 players instead of 8 or 10 may not seem like a huge difference, but I find it really affects the table play, The blinds hit you that much faster, and it's that much tougher to expect pot-odds with limping hands.

The notebook? As I've said, it's a TPD. I've also discovered some interesting personal numerology that I cannot reveal. I don't normally believe in this sort of thing, but it's clear to me that I have to survive X number of hands in order to have a chance, and I've got to make a move between hands Y and Z or else I can expect to be blinded out. That's as much as I can say without giving away my tournament game completely.

The cash table was reckless junior last night. LW went all-in 3 times in succession until he recovered his buy-in, and then he calmed down. After that, the rest of the table went loco, loco, loco with that All-in Fever.

Held my own at the cash table, and I walked out of B&Q's with exactly the same cash as I walked in with. I would have walked out ahead, but I had been in tilt mode for at least 20 minutes before I stopped.